Your child will have seen a wide array of future possibilities via global technology. They can now choose from a wide range of exciting jobs and careers.
In todays society learning is far more interactive and the classroom is a global place.
As your child leaves school and contemplates this exciting new world, you need to entrust the future to an educational provider that can meet your childs dream.
TAFE can help fulfil your childs dream
With a network of institutes across statewide campuses, TAFE Queensland is the largest, most experienced provider of vocational education and training in the state. Offering over 800 courses covering a large range of industry sectors - from arts, business, entertainment and fashion to engineering, building and construction.
More than just a piece of paper
You want your child to learn, be inspired, challenged and supported. And above all, you want your child to enjoy learning.
TAFE classes allow for individual attention from well qualified dedicated teachers who have significant industry experience.
TAFE builds in practical work experience. TAFE students do not just finish their studies with a piece of paper, but with industry relevant skills that will give them an edge in todays job market.
Pathways to achieve
At TAFE, your child can choose to study full time or part time, on campus, at home, at school or in the workplace.
Other pathways include:
- Study with TAFE while at school (either on campus, at school or through a school based apprenticeship or traineeship).
- Complete a pre vocational program.
- Gain qualifications including vocational graduate diplomas and certificates, advanced diplomas, diplomas and certificates.
- Associate degrees.
- Improve their tertiary entrance rank as part of their pathway to university.
- Gain credit for their TAFE studies to reduce the length of their university degree.
The government subsidises many TAFE programs, so they often cost considerably less than programs offered by universities or private training providers.
Program fees vary depending on the number of courses studied, the contact hours, the delivery method and the cost of any incidental materials.
Concessions and financial assistance may be available and some institutes offer students the option of paying fees in instalments.
Contact a TAFE Queensland institute for more information.
Learn from industry professionals
To enable students to achieve their best and get the most out of their studies, TAFE offers the following:
- career, educational and personal counselling
- support and advice to learners with a disability
- job placement services at most institutes to assist graduates in obtaining the employment they seek
- Indigenous student support officers at each institute to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- support for people from non English speaking backgrounds
- support for people with literacy and numeracy difficulties.
To discover the possibilities available for your child at TAFE Queensland contact your local TAFE Queensland institute.