Teach at TAFE
TAFE teachers deliver educational excellence by encouraging and mentoring students to help them succeed in their chosen industry.
In training and assessing students they have the opportunity to teach in a variety of locations across Queensland. Modes of delivery can include in the classroom or workplace, through distance or online learning or a combination of delivery modes using a variety of training tools and techniques.
Teachers also contribute to developing training packages in consultation with industry to ensure programs continue to meet contemporary workforce requirements.
To be eligible to become a TAFE teacher you must:
- be able to demonstrate vocational competency at least to the level of the training package being delivered
- possess current industry skills relevant to the teaching position, and
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAA40104),or be willing to obtain the qualification.
TAFE institutes are responsible for their recruitment activities, to ensure they are able to meet their workforce needs.
Advertised Queensland Government positions are advertised on Queensland Government Smartjobs website.
Submit your resume
For casual or short term vacancies please submit a comprehensive resume indicating your qualifications, skills, abilities and experience to the relevant TAFE Institute. Please indicates the area(s) you are interested in working, the location(s) and your availability.
Please contact the Human Resources section at the relevant TAFE Queensland institute:
Please note that this process has replaced the TAFE Teacher Skills Treasury initiative previously listed on this website.
- TAFE institute locations
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Queensland government vacancies
- Overseas trainer opportunities
- TAFE teachers
- Training Queensland