TAFE Queensland offers a wide range of nationally recognised qualifications, many are accredited with the Australian Qualifications Framework:
Vocational graduate diplomas and vocational graduate certificates
- similar level to a higher education graduate certificate or graduate diploma
- provide high level employment related skills and knowledge with a focus on competency in the workplace
- provide a pathway to further study
- usually take the equivalent of 6 to 12 months full time.
Advanced Diplomas and Diplomas
- Widely respected by employers, providing high level, practical managerial employment skills
- may allow you to articulate or gain credit towards further study at university
- can assist with upgrading skills or re entry to the workforce at a more qualified level
- usually take the equivalent of 1 to 2 years full time.
certificate levels range from I to IV
- help develop skills in specific career fields, enhance your employment skills, or provide a stepping stone for people seeking to re enter the workforce or change career path
- usually take the equivalent of 6 to 18 months full time.
- awarded to students who successfully complete components of certificates, diplomas or advanced diplomas
- awarded to students who successfully complete a nationally accredited short course.
Visit the Australian Qualifications Framework website for more information.
Find out more about key features and outcomes of the different qualification levels.