TAFE Queensland has achieved many successes and awards:
- TAFE Queensland Marketing awarded an Excellence in Training and Education Marketing for the TAFE MADE campaign
- Glass Person of the Year 2011 Award to TAFE Teacher Bill Thomlinson at the Glass and Aluminium Association of Qld (GAAQ) industry awards.
- Jenny Plant won Emerging Leader of the Year at the AUSTAFE Queensland Awards.
- SkillsTech Australia won the Qld LP Gas Award, Autogas Industry Student Award and Traditional Gas Industry Student Award.
- Former student Liam Janetzki won silver in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning at the 41st WorldSkills International Competition.
- TAFE Queensland participated in its first National Skills Week, raising the status of practical and vocational learning.
- Barrier Reef TAFE won the 2011 Whitsunday's Tourism Award in the Training and Education category.
- TAFE teacher Andrew McMahon won a Rotary Club of Rockhampton Pride of Workmanship Award for his decades of training the state's future auto mechanics.
- TAFE teacher Murray Holm won two awards at the Road Safety Awards.
- Prime Minister's Award for Skills Excellence in School awarded to SkillsTech Australia school based apprentice.
- Barrier Reef TAFE won the 2011 North Queensland Tourism Awards in the Training and Education category.
- Two TAFE Queensland bakery teachers formed part of the winning Cairns team in the Australian Artisan Baking Cup.
- TAFE singing teacher Wilma Reading-Lehr won the Lifetime Achievement to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Music award at the 2010 Deadly Awards.
- SchoolTech wins the RACQ Showcase Award for Excellence in the Senior Phase of Learning Category at the Showcase Awards 2010.
- The SchoolTech program, which is a partnership between Woree State High School, Tropical North Queensland Institute of TAFE and Skills360, won the Australian Training Initiative award at the Australian Training Awards.
- Trades teacher Paul Buckley picks up the Construction Skills Queensland Trainer of the Year award.
- TAFE Queensland Marketing awarded an Australian Training Marketing Association Excellence in Marketing Award for the TAFE Queensland Mobile Website.